Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Here's how you rank importance!

Hey guys.  Back again.  I haven't been blogging much lately since I got a new job, and I have been putting my attentions there, but I had a thought that has been running through my mind (short trip, right?).  I was going to tweet this, but I lack the skills of brevity to relate this in a mere 140 characters.  Also, I am not doing this because of a New Year's Resolution, if I am going to resolve to do somethng this year it will be avoiding Jersey Shore season three (just as I have avoided the first two).

So here is my thought:

Sacrifice is the proof that you ACTUALLY believe that there is something more important than you.

What are you sacrificing?  We all do it.  Sometimes it is a worthless endeavor that we sacrifice our resources for, but sometimes it is a worthwhile thing that we are giving our resources to.

Married folks, how are you sacrificing for your spouses?  No guys, I didn't say how are you bringing home a paycheck.  Many, many families have two earners, but what are you doing to show the other that you are more important?  Are you swallowing your pride and not trying to have the last word in arguments, or are you sacrificing your spouse to make sure you can be "right"?

Church folks, how are you sacrificing for your church family?  You can get "perfect attendance" and still fail the course.  Faith is nonexistent without action.  To say you believe in what is happening in a house of worship, but to not take an active role is like buying a brand new four wheel drive vehicle and refusing to drive it once the first flake of snow hits the ground.  In the same way that four wheel drive is meant for snowy conditions, you are meant for service and when you are sacrificing the opportunity to serve you have chosen that you are more important than anything else.

Employees, how are you sacrificing for you boss?  Your boss sacrifices for you.  Regardless of your opinions of your boss, that person is the one that makes sure you get a check.  The least you can do is give your boss your best effort so you can show your boss that you value the sacrifice that your boss makes for you.

This week focus on your sacrifice.  What does your sacrifice say about what is most important to you?

Remember Romans 12:1

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.

Wow this would need to have been setup into 18 separate tweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment